by Mieke Verbijlen.
• Listen to the Christopher Owens’ album Chrissybaby Forever while reading this.
• Open your picture books on the pages with your favorite images. Put them on display. You can build the exhibition of your dreams.
• Try to read along with Frank O’Hara’s poem “Having a Coke With You.” There is a beautiful video on YouTube.
• Combine blue & pink, green & pink, and black & blue.
• Make sure to see John & Yoko: Above Us Only Sky.
• Check these artists: Edgard Tytgat, Rose Wylie, Henri Lartigue, Ruth van Haren Noman.
• Choose a director and watch all of his/her films. Tips: Ingmar Bergman, John Cassavettes, Hal Hartley, Werner Herzog (don’t forget Little Dieter Needs to Fly and make sure to read Herzog’s “24 pieces of advice”)
• Eat toast with ‘speculaas’-paste
• Adopt a cat.
• Take the long way walking to a different grocery store while listening to music.
• Sleep in a tent when it’s chilly. Lay under 7 blankets.
• When it’s snowing make a snowman. Walk around looking for others.
• Always go out when it’s Purim. It’s the best day of the year.
• Go to the petting zoo and befriend a goat.